Reasons to Love Rugs
Rugs are the perfect addition to any space. They can fit into your decorative style or add an extra wow factor to your room. Plus, of course, they feel great underfoot!
Large or small, rugs are the modern way to brighten your room, add some warmth (especially when used with hard flooring) and protect your flooring.
Modern rugs come in all shapes and sizes – straight, round or positively funky! Before you choose your style of rug, think about how will it work in your home. Here are some initial considerations:
- If it needs to withstand lots of footfall, a low-pile rug will work well.
- Synthetic rugs are easier to clean – great if you have pets or young children
- Looking forward to that sumptuous feeling of your rug between your toes? Thick-pile is for you!
- Should your rug design stand out or blend in? A large rug can be a wonderful statement piece in your room – or you could have rugs made of the same material as your carpet (great for protecting key areas without making a fuss).
- Fancy a change? Rugs are a great way to change the look of your room – adding a splash of colour or a seasonal feel to your space.
Make me a rug!
Would you like to create your own rug? Now you can! We’ve teamed up with Alternative Flooring to bring you the chance to really put your own style into your rug. ‘Make Me A Rug’ is an exciting online tool that enables you to choose your personalised rug! Choose your own colours, border, edging and material and create your unique look. Simply click on the link to the right to get started.
Ready to go rugs
The simplest way to pick the perfect rug for you is to pop into our Hitchin store. We can give you great advice about the style of rug that would be best for your space.
You can choose any carpet in our shop – and we’ll make a rug for you (depending upon the size you want). The edging can be bound with cotton, linen or overstitching – cleverly put into place by our very own Tania, who you may meet when you call in.
Need a rug repair?
Tania is our resident rug expert! As well as stitching and binding, she also carries out basic repairs. Simply send us an image of your rug and we’ll see if we can help.