Garden House HospiceWe decided this year to help one our longest standing customers and one of the most deserving charities in the area – the Garden House Hospice. Along time ago we started to work for the Hospice by flooring their fund raising shops and over the years we have got to know many of the wonderful staff and volunteers.
Who are the Garden House HospiceThe Hospice is based in Letchworth and was opened in 1990 and serves most of North Herts. It offers invaluable support to patients from the community with a terminal diagnosis.
Some of the services they provide are:
- Out-Patient Care -for medical consultations and treatments, complementary therapy or physiotherapy.
- Day Hospice – for people to drop by for a chat and support in a wonderfully caring environment, giving a break for carers, as well as support for patients, family and friends.
- Access to : Complementary Therapist, Physiotherapist, Doctors, Family Support
- Twelve in-patient beds, for times when symptoms prove troublesome and more attention is needed than is possible at home.
What we are doing to help
- £10 donation for every order over £1000 - £200 was raised in just the first month!
- For every customer borrowing samples we are giving a collection box, so GHH can benefit if they would like to collect up their small change
- Selling our off-cuts and samples – often they go in landfill but much is re-usable, some pieces are big enough to carpet a stairs, all proceeds are going straight to GHH (look in at no: 66 Hermitage Rd from this Saturday)
- Donation of raffle prize: 30 sq mtrs of carpet from “Regency” carpets, along with all accessories and fitting by us – tickets on sale in September
- Leaflet distribution for all events
- We have yet to persuade a member of staff to sit in a bath of beans for the day but you never know….